Kevin Spacey to face 3 more sexual assault allegations in London court – National

Kevin Spacey he faces another court battle in London next year on charges of civil sexual assault, three years after he was cleared of criminal charges.

Three people are suing the 66-year-old actor in civil cases in London's High Court relating to his time as artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre. BBC News reports this..

Three men claim that House of cards the actor attacked them between 2000 and 2013. At Wednesday's hearing, the judge proposed a tentative trial date of Oct. 12, 2026, but it remains undecided whether the charges will be tried in one trial or in three consecutive trials.

Spacey has denied all allegations of wrongdoing. According to the BBC, he has formally rejected two of the claims and has yet to file a defense for a third.

Story continues below advertisement

American beauty actor, who was not present at Wednesday's hearing, was acquitted of criminal sex charges in 2023which four men claimed after a trial in London.

Two of the plaintiffs in the new civil proceedings were involved in the previous case.

One man, known as LNP, claims Spacey “deliberately assaulted him approximately 12 times between 2000 and 2005”, according to court documents seen by the BBC.

For breaking news updates affecting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you as they happen.

Get the latest national news

For breaking news updates affecting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you as they happen.

Another plaintiff, known as GHI, says he met Spacey at a masterclass at London's Old Vic theater and claims he “suffered psychiatric damage and financial loss” as a result of the alleged attack, which he says occurred in 2008. GHI initially sued Spacey in 2022, but its case was put on hold when Spacey faced criminal charges.

One of the plaintiffs, actor Ruari Cannon, who was not involved in the 2023 case, is also suing the Old Vic theater.

Story continues below advertisement

Cannon, who has waived his right to anonymity, claims Spacey groped him at a party after a press conference for Tennessee Williams' play Sweet Bird of Youth in 2013.

Elizabeth-Ann Gumbel, a lawyer representing the three men, suggests trying the cases in the same court to avoid having to testify for the men and Spacey more than once.

Earlier this month, Spacey made headlines after he revealed in an interview with The Telegraph that his troubles with the law have left him effectively “homeless.”

“The costs over the last seven years have been astronomical,” Spacey said. “I came very little and kept leaving.”

“You go through it. In a weird way, I feel like I'm back where I started, which is I just went where the work was. Everything is in storage, and I'm hoping that at some point, if things continue to improve, I'll be able to decide where I want to live again,” he continued.

“I live in hotels, I live in Airbnbs, I go wherever the work is. I literally don't have a home, that's what I'm trying to explain,” he added.

Story continues below advertisement

After the publication of Spacey's interview took it to Instagram to dispel the “rumours” surrounding his current living situation.

On Sunday, Spacey said he “doesn't usually correct the media.”

“If I did, I wouldn't have time for anything else. In light of recent articles claiming I'm homeless, I feel the need to respond,” he continued. “Not for the press, but for the thousands of people who have reached out over the last few days, offering me a place to stay or simply asking if I'm okay.”

“And to all of you, let me say that I am truly touched by your generosity, period,” he said. “But I think it would be disingenuous for me to let you believe that I am truly homeless in the colloquial sense.”

Spacey explained that while “there are a lot of people who do live on the streets, in their cars, or in dire financial straits,” he is not one of them.

“And my heart goes out to them,” he added. “But it is clear from the article itself that I am not one of them, and I was not trying to claim that.”

Story continues below advertisement

With files from The Associated Press


© 2025 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Leave a Comment