But the Crown reportedly says it “reserves the right to resume the trial” against Deshaun Davis “if circumstances change.”
Contents of the article
A kidnapping charge brought against a Toronto rapper for his alleged involvement in the kidnapping of a woman in Wasaga Beach nearly four years ago has been dropped—for now.
Advertisement 2
Contents of the article
Deshaun Davis, 38, was allegedly among three men who posed as police officers and kidnapped Elnaz Haitamiri from his home on January 12, 2022.
Contents of the article
Contents of the article
Haitamiri, who was 37 at the time, took refuge in Wasaga Beach several weeks ago because she feared for her life after being attacked by two men armed with a frying pan in her Richmond Hill garage.
No one has seen or heard from Haitamiri since her abduction, and police believe she is dead.

Davis, aka Thorobred, is currently in custody in the United States on charges of first-degree murder and attempted murder in connection with the death. gangster shooting at the GALA nightclub in Miami Beach, Florida.
Lowell “Lo” Grissom, a Miami rapper and talent scout for Chris Brown Entertainment, was killed and two women were injured in a shooting on May 7, 2023.
Contents of the article
Advertisement 3
Contents of the article
Davis, who was named on most wanted lists on both sides of the border – was eventually arrested in California in August.

The Crown cited his imprisonment and pending trial in the US as the reason for dropping the kidnapping charge against him during a hearing in a Collingwood courtroom earlier this month. KTV News reports.
However, the Crown also reportedly said it “reserves the right to resume proceedings” against Davis “should circumstances change.”
RECOMMENDED VIDEO
Multiple people have been charged in connection with Haitamiri's attack in Richmond Hill in December 2021 and her abduction from Wasaga Beach weeks later.
Harshdeep Binner and Riyasat Singh pleaded guilty to assault and both were sentenced.
Advertisement 4
Contents of the article

Mohamad Lilo, Haitamiri's ex-boyfriend who is believed to have masterminded the frying pan attack and kidnapping, was found guilty of aggravated assault in June.
He The verdict will be handed down in early 2026 He is expected to stand trial for Haitamiri's murder in the spring.

Allegations against others – Jaspreet Singh, Akash Rana, Harshpreet Sekhon, Crystal P. Lawrence and Dominic Yuen – remained the Crown.
Charges against Adams Ankama were dropped by the Crown.
Read more
Sukhpreet Singh from Mississauga was taken into custody in June by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers in San Antonio, Texas. and was extradited to Ontario last month.
A 25-year-old man has been charged with aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit a capital offense for the attack in Richmond Hill.
Singh remains in custody awaiting his next court appearance.
Contents of the article







